Cayleigh's Reviews > First Test

First Test by Tamora Pierce

Mar 31, 10

bookshelves: read-2010
Read in March, 2010 — I own a copy

One of the more recent series by Tamora Pierce. I am an avid lover of her books and this one is no exception. First Test is set in the realm of Tortall, same as Song of the Lioness Quartet & The Immortal Series and features many characters from these two series. Keladry is the first girl who has come forward to become a knight since it became legal for girls to do so. She has to contend with many people who think she shouldn't be there from other pages to nobles.
Like most of Pierce's female characters Kel is a strong and likable one. She has no magical gift and is very down to earth. Unlike Song of the Lioness in this series we see a more in-depth look at the process the kids have to go through as Pages. (SoTL focus more on Alanna's challenge of doing this disguised as a boy since girls were not allowed then). Seeing all of the other characters pop up that I know and love is also a very fun aspect of these books. Great read and I'd recommend this to any girl (old or young) that likes a good book set in a fantasy yet kind of realistic middle ages setting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Test.