Shawna's Reviews > The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

4 stars – Vampire/Young Adult

This provided a nice Twilight Saga fix while waiting impatiently for the "Eclipse" movie to come out, and I enjoyed Bree's alternate viewpoint and insight into the army of newborn vampires that battle against the Cullens.

But I think I speak for a large majority of Twilight fans that what we really want is for Ms. Meyer to move past her hurt feelings and wounded pride and just finish Midnight Sun, darnit! Seriously, the Meyer the Martyr routine is getting a little old and continuing to punish and deprive her loyal fans of what we want most just makes her seem a bit immature and petty, IMO.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rochelle Thanks!!!

Laura the Highland Hussy yeah! you sing it sister!
I read most reviews on Bree were negative. I started it (i'm like 13 pages in) and it seems very Steph Meyer. She's not the best writer, we've all established that, BUT she has such a creative imagination! I can't wait to finish Bree up, to see what it was like for her.

message 3: by May (new)

May Meyer the Martyr. *snicker* now that's a true story. I didn't read this one - just honestly did not care.

Shawna It was pretty good for a free, quick read. I just wish she'd get over herself and finish Midnight Sun 'cause I want Twilight from Edward's POV!

message 5: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey Allison I wish I could hit "like" several times for this. I wish she would get over herself as well and finish Midnight Sun. It looked really good for what she had up on the internet of it.

Laura the Highland Hussy yeah, and it's not like she only had a couple chapters, she was like 200 pages into it before she quit...it wouldn't take much for her to finish it! Especially since she already knows the ending!

message 7: by Shawna (last edited Jun 29, 2010 05:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna I've wondered at times if it might have just been a big publicity stunt so that when she finally does finish and releases it, the sales will be through the roof. But she's persistently acted so "poor me" affronted about it all that it doesn't seem manufactured.

Still, she needs to just get over it already.

Lisa OMG...I had no clue about Midnight Sun!! Its been two years since she wrote that letter...wheres the darn book! That sounds so intersting :) Cant wait for Friday night and Eclipse.

message 9: by Miss Kim (last edited Jun 30, 2010 01:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miss Kim Preaching to the choir, Shawna! Great review.

message 10: by Lijilene (new)

Lijilene This book is dffntly on my To-Read list! I was actually a bit hesitant to
read this one but i've heard good things! And yes I wish she would just finish Midnight Sun also!!

Shawna LOL...Thanks, Kim!

Lijilene, It's pretty good, especially while it's free!

Miss Kim I dropped 8 bucks on the hardcover to add to my collection.

Shawna And now having seen the movie tonight (it was awesome by the way!), I'm glad that I read this.

Miss Kim I CANT WAIT! We're seeing it next week. :D

Shawna Cool...I hope you enjoy it, Kim! I already want to go see it again! :)

Miss Kim I'm confident I will! TEAM JACOB!

Shawna LOL, Kim! I'm Team Edward and heart Robert Pattinson, but I have to admit that Taylor Lautner has definitely made a strong case for Team Jacob. I think they're both too good for movie Bella 'cause I can't stand Kristin Stewart.

Christine The Movie was awesome ;) I LOVED it!

Miss Kim I'm not a big fan of hers, either Shawna, but come on, she's not the reason I'm watching the movies. She can be ignored for the most part. LOL

Shawna LOL...True that, Kim! :)

message 21: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Amen about Midnight Sun!

Venetia Haha nice review. I wish she would complete Midnight aswell. I dont think shes intentionally punishing her fans, rather it's a personal issue as to why she wont continue.

Shawna Thanks, Venetia! I don't know either, but I'm keeping hope alive that she'll finish and release it at some point. I think she owes it to her fans.

message 24: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McCartney She's probably already completed the book. I just wish that she would release it soon (or finish it if she hasn't finished it already).

I wish I didn't read Midnight Sun because I was left hanging and wanting more after I read it. Maybe that's what she wanted! :)

message 25: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McCartney As for, Second short life... I never wanted to read it. I never even thought about buying it after reading the first chapter of the host and couldn't get into it.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... But I think I speak for a large majority of Twilight fans that what we really want is for Ms. Meyer to move past her hurt feelings and wounded pride and just finish Midnight Sun, darnit!

A. Men.

But I did enjoy Bree Tanner, too.