Erica Hopper's Reviews > Who Do You Think You Are?: The Essential Guide to Tracing Your Family History

Who Do You Think You Are? by Megan Smolenyak

Mar 30, 10

bookshelves: 2010, books-i-dont-own

Taking on the job of researching your family can be awfully overwhelming when you're presented with all of the historical documents- or lack there of. You might find yourself wondering how to set out on the journey, what the next step could be, or even considering backing out of the adventure entirely. However, Megan Smolenyak has made the adventure as easy as possible in this handy book. Through tips on websites to use and information on how to read the documents you are presented with the task suddenly becomes less mind boggling. I've worked on the history of my family for quite some time and wasn't getting anywhere until I began using many of the websites Smolenyak suggested. Now I have traced part of my family back to 1400 while previously I had only made it back as far as 1900! For anyone who could be heading off into their family's history this would be a great book to start with. Even if you use it to browse through or go directly to the chapters that cover the area you need help in the book overall makes this job not seem as daunting as it at times can be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Do You Think You Are?.