Maria M. Elmvang's Reviews > Seeing Me Naked

Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer

Nov 30, 07

bookshelves: chick-lit, 2007, 5-stars, owned-physical-book, arc
Read in November, 2007

The plot is simple enough – a pastry chef gets the job offer of a lifetime when she’s asked to host a TV food show. But how does this fit in with juggling an insane family and having found a new love interest? I’ve always been fascinated by professional cooking, so I decided to give it a shot.

And I'm glad I did, because it just goes to show that looks can be deceiving. Seeing Me Naked is a delightful novel about what's really important in life. Elisabeth Page never felt she lived up to the standards set her by her award-winning novelist father, or even her literary genius brother… somehow "just" being a pastry chef didn't feel adequate. When she’s approached by two New Yorkers who wanted her to shoot a pilot for a new show on Food Network, she's torn between what her dad would want her to do, and what she wants to do. Matters are complicated further when David Sullivan enters her life – a beer-drinking basketball coach who's everything her family is not.

Elisabeth can only juggle so many torches at a time. Does she hold on to the controlled, organized, and admittedly boring life she’d gotten used to? Or does she dare throw caution to the wind and choose what's really important? Letting others see you naked is always scary, but if they are to love you – warts and all – it's the only way to live.

Seeing Me Naked reads like Ratatouille meets... I don't know... the most romantic comedy you've ever seen/read. Perfect for when you just want to spoil yourself and feel good for awhile.

But be glad you didn't get to see the cover of the Advanced Readers Copy - too tacky for words!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeing Me Naked.