Theresa's Reviews > Never Say Never

Never Say Never by Lisa Wingate

Apr 02, 10

bookshelves: christian, fiction, romance, suspense
Recommended for: Teens through Adult
Read from March 21 to 23, 2010, read count: 1

"Never Say Never" was a really fun read. It's a cozy type of story that has suspense, drama, and some romance mixed in. The story comes from two points of view - Kai's and Donetta. Kai is a young and sensible woman who works for a cruise line and didn't have much of a family life. Donetta is an all around Southern hairdresser who uses her Southern charm to manipulate and get what she wants - but in a charming and hard to refuse kind of way. These two very different woman end up crossing paths, and that's when the fun begins. They are both very lovable and will have you laughing - especially Donetta!

I really enjoyed this heartwarming read. I found myself terrified with the description of the hurricane. It felt very believable and made me thank heavens that I live in a hurricane-free area. The scenario felt quite realistic and I could just imagine the panic and terror that those people felt.

Although somewhat predictable, this is one of those stories that you want to curl up with and read on a yucky day. It is a great escape and makes you feel good at the end.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Say Never.