Continuum's Reviews > Pleasure of a Dark Prince

Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole

Mar 30, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, shifters, warriors, romance

The ninth installment in the Immortals After Dark series, Pleasure of a Dark Prince, is about Garreth and Lucia finally, finally getting their story told. And what a story it was. Intriguing. Fast paced. And so very addictive. Though I can't say it was the best in the series.

The first third of the book was somewhat similar to Kiss of a Demon King and Deep Kiss of Winter in the sense that the events in these books went concurrently with other stories. And while it worked with Woede brothers (probably because it didn't have to go that far into the past), I am not sure it works in the Pleasure of a Dark Prince. I mean the story of Lucia and Garreth was interesting and the loose ends were tied wonderfully, but because it took us so far back (to the first book in the series), where other characters were still fighting for their own happily-ever-afters, Lucia and Garreth's agonizing about them nagged at me a bit. Especially since I already knew what happened to them.

Though I have to admit I liked to review the events I had already read about. But from the different angle. And maybe, just maybe, I enjoyed Conrad's, Sebastian's or Cage's stories more, but I definitely fell in love with Garreth. Hopelessly. He was everything you could've expected from the hero. Sexy, attentive, protective, giving, funny and oh, did I mention sexy? Well, he was all that and more.

So, I read and kept waiting for Lucia's and Garreth's story to commence. And when it did... it sure did.

It was fast paced, full of adventures. Dangerous and thrilling. But as much as I'd like to say hot as hell, it lacked intensity in romance department. The sexual tension, anticipation and inner struggles sometimes didn't reach me. Or failed to drag me in, would be a more accurate description.

Nevertheless, Pleasure of a Dark Prince with its suspense, mystery and action still kept me on the edge of the seat. The sideline stories - enchanted. The epilogue alone made me crave for the next book. And don't let me get started on Nix (simply adore her).

So, after all the good and bad, my love for Immortals After Dark still burns bright and true. And Pleasure of a Dark Prince is a keeper!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pleasure of a Dark Prince.