Debbie's Reviews > The Complete Vampire Chronicles

Jun 06, 10

bookshelves: vampires
Read from May 17 to June 07, 2010

Interview with a vampire,
Havent seen the film and after reading Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series I was in the need of another vampire series to sink my teeth into. It didnt get me hooked straight away and I found it very dark, the main charactor Louis really struggles with his urge to kill and spends much of the book digusted at what he has become. His maker Lestat is the more interesting of the two and does nothing to help to knew vampire come to terms with his immortality. The title of the book is literal, Louis is being interviewed and I am looking forward to book 2 which is all about Lestat.

The Vampire Lestat,
Ah, this one is much better! Lestat was always the much more interesting Vampire and in this book we learn all about his past and how he came to be a vampire. We get lots more information in this book about the history of the vampires. Very interesting to see how Louis fits into Lestats history and I appreciate book 1 a lot more now.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Vampire Chronicles.

05/17/2010 page 100 "Oooohh this is very dark and scary ... Louis not exactly Sookie Stackhouse is he !"
show 1 hidden update…