PurplyCookie's Reviews > Vanished

Vanished by Kate Brian

Sep 19, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: bitch-lit, book-series, guilty-pleasure, young-adult, boarding-school, revenge
Read in September, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

With Noelle's life on the line, Reed has to do everything that the message says -- the message that she isn't to tell anyone, or Noelle will die. Now Reed will have to be more witty than ever to save Noelle and escape with her life as well. Is it the people who told Reed not to continue having the Billings Literary Society, or is it one of her own dorm mates?

I have to admit, it's a refreshing change that Reed isn't the one kidnapped this time, because this "the whole world out to get Reed" plot line is getting quite boring. But then between the ridiculous dialogue that made the characters sound like they were 12 and the equally amateurish ending...I can't believe I wasted money on this book.

When Private first came out, it was a nice change from the usual chick-lit and fantasy/paranormal books, but now? It's becoming repetitive. The ending is shocking and interesting, bound to open a flood of new plots, questions and relationships. Whatever is happening in the final book, it cannot be good after this stupid twist.

I've been a fan of Private since the beginning, but ”Vanished” really disappointed me. The entire book was absolutely ridiculous -- both the events of the plot and the way the characters acted. I can't tell you how upset I am at the ending -- it's ruined the entire series for me. I'm really disappointed in the direction Kate Brian has decided to take with Private, but I won't be reading anymore, unless it is true that ”Ominous” is indeed the last book in this series. I just hope the Privilege series turns out better.

More of Purplycookie’s Reviews @: http://www.goodreads.com/purplycookie

Book Details:

Title Vanished (Private, Book 12)
Author Kate Brian
Reviewed By Purplycookie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanished.