Alice's Reviews > Making the Cut: The 30-Day Diet and Fitness Plan for the Strongest, Sexiest You

Making the Cut by Jillian Michaels

Mar 29, 10

Jillian's book has been just what I needed to get rid of a little extra flab I've been carrying around for the last few years. I've been following the plan (mostly....just a little cheating on weekends) and am really seeing results!

I do wish she had included warm-up and cool-down/stretching exercises in the workout section. Also, there are some exercises I am not able to do (I work out at home and do not have access to a wide array of weight-lifting machines), so I have had to figure out alternate exercises to do with dumbbells or bands.

But overall, I am getting good results (12 lbs. so far....about 20 days in), and that's why I bought the book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Making the Cut.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilze (new)

Ilze Couldn't agree more on the 'warm-up'/'cool-downs'!! ... I'm also trying it at home and battling because of the fancy equipment needed for some of the exercises. How did you solve this little issue?

Alice Ilze, I don't quite remember what alternate exercises I did...it's been about 3 years since I wrote that review! But I did purchase quite a few of her DVDs "30 day Shred"and "Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism" are great! I also have one of her yoga DVDs and a new ab/core DVD which are also excellent.

message 3: by Ilze (new)