Trudi's Reviews > The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Oct 02, 10

bookshelves: dystopia, young-adult, 2010-reads, apocalyptic-types, series, survive-this, love-the-premise, science-fiction
Read from September 28 to 29, 2010

This was so much fun!! Lots of action and interesting plot twists. Not quite on par with the Hunger Games trilogy, but definitely of that type. The one lone girl in the story is interesting, but not developed enough I'm afraid. But this is part of a series, so maybe the follow-up will do more with her. The straight forward propulsive storytelling technique used here involving a group of young males, makes this an ideal recommendation for the reluctant male reader in your life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maze Runner.

09/28/2010 page 100
27.0% "Awesome so far. A real page-turner: it's like the movie Cube crossed with Hunger Games, with a twist of Lord of the Flies."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason i'm thinking i can skip The Kill Order and go right into this one. what do you think? I know you read it a long, long time ago so if you cant remember that's totally fine

Trudi I didn't read The Kill Order (it wasn't published when I read The Maze Runner). I would say jump right into The Maze Runner. Depending on your enjoyment of the series, you can always go back and read the "prequel".

message 3: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason I rarely like prequels. They never work out and seem like a desperate ploy to get money.