Jennifer's Reviews > Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

F_50x66
Jul 04, 12

Read in July, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Another emotional roller coaster ride from J.R. Ward. I really enjoyed the depth of the plot throughout this book. I again had a couple of issues with the language in a couple of spots, but I'm learning to look past these and enjoy the story. I think this is my favorite of the series so far!

Update: I have just finished re-reading this book and I thought I would give my review a little more depth. I really loved reading Zsadist's story and understanding the background of his life and what made him into the "monster" he is. I think the only thing that bothers me is that it's a little hard to believe the ultimate outcome, given the depth of his pain and damage. But, it is a work of fiction, so it doesn't have to be completely realistic. :) I am trying to avoid including any spoilers here, so I will say that I think that I loved the tableau that J.R. painted for the reader at the very end the most. There is a lot of meat to this book, more than the previous books in the series, with much more character development for Zsadist, though Bella's development gets short-changed in the process. Given that the series is about the Brotherhood, though, I don't mind a bit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Awakened.