Zeek's Reviews > Dead Witch Walking

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read in August, 2006

Cool world the author created- altho it ending up being too out there for my tastes. A little bit sci fi fatalistic future, a little bit vampish, and a little bit "Charmed"- only darker.

Rachel Morgan is a witch and quasi FBI agent for the paranormals who reign supreme in the future because a bio-engineered killer tomato, sometime in the past, killed off most of the "humans" (non-magicals like us).

Yeah, no kidding, killer tomatoes!

Rachel's job stinks, so she decides to leave and join up with a gorgeous pixie (who has a ton of kids), and a seductive vampire-ess who may or may not have the hots for Rachel.

When she quits the IS (the quasi FBI agency for para-noramls) they put a hit out on her. To clear her name she goes after a mafiosa type whom she soon discovers is into pimping way more than the drug of the future called "brimstone".

And so it goes until at some point she finds herself trapped in the "mink" form she transformed herself into, gets involved in a literal rat race, escapes with the help of her little family and a fellow human trapped in rat form himself, until in the end ... well I'm not gonna tell you that! You'll have to read to find out.

I thought the part of the book told from her "mink" perspective was rather annoying and took up far too much space in the book, but I did like the family she put together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Witch Walking.