Kristen "Kirby" 's Reviews > One for the Money

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

Apr 07, 10

bookshelves: april-2010, reviews
Read from April 03 to 06, 2010

Caution: You will giggle in public.

Stephanie Plum, former buyer of cheap lingerie, finds herself jobless, facing a fridge with only mold and condiments and an inability to pay her bills. Hopeless, she turns to Vinnie, a cousin of whom she isn't particularly fond, for work. When she finds the only job has already been filled, she blackmails Vinnie into allowing her to try a few retrieval cases and be a bounty hunter for a week. Her top case is that of Joe Morelli. Town seducer and the guy who sweet talked himself Stephanie's virginity. It's personal.

Joe Morrelli is a police cop discovered at a murder scene with a used weapon in his hand. He claims self-defense, and yet, no weapon was found on the victim. All witnesses have been brutally murdered, but one, whom remains under the radar hidden. He will not go to court, as he knows he will be determined guilty.

Stephanie's attempts at capturing Joe Morelli were pretty funny. He'd charmfully evade her mediocre hunt, popping into the picture at her most unsuspecting of moments. There wasn't much, or any romance there, but I loved Joe Morelli's character.

Her family was hilarious! I absolutely loved Grandma, as everything that came out of her mouth made me giggle. She was such a cute old lady.

The only thing I could possibly complain about is the abruptness of the action scenes. During one part, in which Stephanie fires a gun in self defense, murdering her attacker, there was only one paragraph dedicated to telling the scene. I'd love to have had a more in depth, personal reading experience at times.

I will definitely read Two for the Dough. Perhaps she'll make herself one of my favorite authors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One for the Money.

Quotes Kristen "Kirby" Liked

Janet Evanovich
“Grandma Mazur stood two feet back from my mother. "I gotta get me a pair if those," she said, eyeballing my shorts. "I've still got pretty good legs, you know." She raised her skirt and looked down at her knees. "What do you think? You think I'd look good in them biker things?"
Grandma Mazur had knees like doorknobs.”
Janet Evanovich, One for the Money

04/03/2010 page 121
41.72% "Love, love, love, this! I stayed up until 2 with bleary eyes.. I haven't liked a book that much in forever."
04/05/2010 page 183
63.1% "Liking this Joe Morrelli fella. Would bet money she ends fallin for him and decides to drop the case."
04/05/2010 page 236
81.38% "Reading this isn't laborious at all. I just love it. Fast speed, hilarious MC."
04/06/2010 page 290
100.0% "Need...next...book!! Too busy to visit library today, however. =("

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tatiana Silly is a good way to describe it. I liked it.