Lukas's Reviews > Bottle Rocket Hearts

Bottle Rocket Hearts by Zoe Whittall

Sep 23, 08

Read in September, 2008

Ok, so it took me a little while to read this.

There were some parts where I was like "that's my poster! why is she giving it to some character in her book that sounds way cooler than me!" -- you know, sibling-esque reactions to someone borrowing your stuff.

There were parts where I thought "oh, this is the femme-teen coming of age story where I did the butch-teen coming of age" -- and I found that really cool, another perspective...very different but with some cross over.

There were parts where I totally forgot that my really really old friend wrote this and just enjoyed the writing, cause it's smart and concise and poetic without being flowery (as that makes me gag) and it was like being right there on the Main again.

There were parts that were incredibly sad and touching.

Everyone should read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bottle Rocket Hearts.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new) - added it

Zoe Hurry up and finish it and let me know what you think!!! I hope you enjoy the parts that take place in your old apartment on Cartier. Even though I painted it in my head like the inside of you and Abi's red van with the toys glued to the dash.