Nic's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Aug 10, 10

bookshelves: 2010, young-adult, favourites, fantasy, fae
Read from August 07 to 10, 2010 — I own a copy

GIMME GIMME GIMME THE IRON QUEEN NOW! I'm hoping using my Ironhorse voice will get me what I want ;)

Wow! The Iron Daughter is even better than The Iron King. No second book let down here. Julie Kagawa writing is addictive. Seriously, I don't know how I'm going to wait for The Iron Queen. I need more NOW!

Julie Kagawa has created the most incredible world with Nevernever and a unforgettable cast of characters. My favourite character would be Ash, no Puck, no Meghan, no Grim, no Ironhorse. Actually I can't pick a favourite I love them all. I loved seeing Ash, Puck and Meghan grow and mature in this installment.

This is one of the few series that I recommend without hesitation. It is has a great blend of action, humour and romance. Like my friend Tina says (~waves~) it is so wonderfully different from other fae books out there. I'm off now to go place it on my favourites shelf!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

Quotes Nic Liked

Julie Kagawa
“You're kind of blind, you know?" Puck whispered, smiling to soften his words. "I wouldn't defy Oberon for just anyone. But, for you..." He leaned forward, touching his forehead to mine. "I'd come back from the dead for you.”
tags: puck

Julie Kagawa
“I was minding my own buisness long before you and the princess started humping like rabbits.”

Julie Kagawa
“She pulled up Ash's shirt, revealing a layer of gauze that was just beginning to seep blood onto the mattress. "At least the bandaging was done properly," she mused. "Very nice, clean work. Your handiwork, I presume, Goodfellow?"
"Which one?"
"The bandage, Robin."
"Yeah, that was mine, too.”

Julie Kagawa
“If you are going to do that, would you mind not jostling the bed so much?' came a sarcastic voice near the head board. 'Perhaps you could roll around on the floor.”

Julie Kagawa
“Forgive me," Ash murmured, and I heard the faintest of tremors beneath his voice. "But I can't... I won't... give her up. Not now, when I've just found her."

-Ash”

08/08/2010 page 176
48.0% "Uh oh seems three is a crowd."
08/08/2010 page 126
34.0% "Uh oh seems three is a crowd"
08/09/2010 page 302
82.0% "Loving this book. Don't want it to end!" 8 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke (new)

Brooke I saw this today too, was going to buy it but figured I should probably read my copy of The Iron King first. Haha.

message 2: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Brooke read The Iron King it is awesome :D

message 3: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Haha.

~Tina~ LOL!!

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I WANT MY OWN IRONHORSE!

oliviasbooks And MY copy??? I know, I sound whiny, but I feel whiny.

~Tina~ I would be PISSED if this was me! TBD is doing a real number on you.

oliviasbooks No, this isn't TBD. It's JPC.

~Tina~ Either way, I'd still be mad as hell.

~Tina~ Haha! Awesome review! I have a hard time picking a favorite too, I LOVE them all! I'm dying to know what's been cooked up for the last book!
We must read it all together XD

message 12: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I guess we've found our February 2011 read then Tina XD

I'm sorry Olivia, maybe you should let me order all your stuff from now on.

oliviasbooks I know it is because I always chose the cheapest option. Amazon would have been quicker, but 2,00 EUR more expensive.

~Tina~ Kim wrote: "I guess we've found our February 2011 read then Tina XD

I'm sorry Olivia, maybe you should let me order all your stuff from now on."

Teehee! I guess so;)

message 15: by Teccc (new)

Teccc @ Olivia: I only ever ordered 2 books from JPC and one of the times they did not manage to send the book to my “Packstation”. After several tries they sent my book as a “Paket” and they had to pay postal charges higher than the worth of the book.

message 16: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Great review! Okay, I need to get to this series NOW! Glad you loved it. :)

~Tina~ LOL Hurry Arlene!! You need to read this!!

message 18: by Arlene (new)

Arlene I definitely will. It's up on the top of my list. I just need to finish Forget you, Inifinite Days and Mockingjay. I'm very excited about those! :)

~Tina~ I'm taking a break from reading till Infinite Days. The books are starting to blend as one. Not a good sign @.@

message 20: by Arlene (new)

Arlene LOLOL That can't be good. As long as the 5 stars don't blend with anything else, but those naturally stand apart.... ahem... ahem... Forbidden. :)

message 21: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic @Kim & Tina: Woo Hoo for February read! Kim, let me know if you find your own Ironhorse.

@Arlene: Yes you need to read this :D

@Olivia: They are half the price then other bookstores but I'm still waiting for a couple of books including Infinite Days. TBD makes me mad!