Jennifer Taylor's Reviews > Revealed

Revealed by Tamera Alexander

Mar 28, 10

Annabelle Grayson has been given a second chance at life, but she can't claim it with the cloud of her past hanging over her in Willow Springs. After her husband dies, she advertises for a trail guide to accompany her to land waiting for her in Idaho--and a most unlikely candidate applies for the job.

Matthew Taylor is a man on the run, with consequences of past mistakes pursuing him at every turn. Meeting Annabelle Grayson the first time was unpleasant enough, but when she crosses his path again, her presence in his life--and what she reveals--is devastating. If given a single wish, Matthew would turn back time and right a grievous wrong. If given a second wish, he would make Annabelle Grayson pay.

This is the second book in the Chronicles of Fountain Creek series, and the sequel to Rekindled. First, I'd like to say that it's rare I read a sequel and enjoy it even better than the first book, if I loved the first book, and I loved Rekindled. With that said, I'd like to state that Revealed is even better. While it isn't necessary to read these books in order to understand the plot, it will give you an appreciation to see how far these characters have evolved from one book to the next. They are all introduced in the first book and the author has given them such life as second characters that you want to know more about them and discover their individual stories.

In Revealed, Matthew is so determined to think the worst of Annabelle. He judges her by society's standards and doesn't see her through the eyes of God, overlooking God's salvation and redemption. One of the reasons Annabelle is so intriguing is that she has a mixture of God's humbleness without losing her individual spirit. She's great with witty comebacks and the tension of their banter is compelling, making the reader eager to see how Matthew will next react. The internal conflict of this story is so strong that it can almost carry the book without an external conflict, although both are present.

The plot, the characters' behaviors, and dialogue is believable. The flavor for the historical time period is authentic and pulls you into the story, allowing to the reader to get lost in time and enjoy a great read. On a scale of one to five, I give this book five stars. There isn't anything I would change. All my questions were answered, and the ending very satisfying. I would highly recommend this book, in fact, the whole series. I'm eager to read the third book that is now out, Remembered.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revealed.