Kellee's Reviews > Incarceron

bookshelves: dystopian-apocalyptic-or-post, ya-teen, sci-fi
Read in March, 2011

1 star- first half
3 stars- second half

Okay, so I wanted to love this book. I love dystopian, sci fi, steampunk- whatever you want to call it. A bunch of people I respect and admire loved this book. But- it just didn't do it for me. I keep reading good reviews to see if I was missing something, but I just don't get it. Luckily, after reading some of the lower star reviews, I know I am not alone.

It took me so long to get into it and once I did, I still just didn't care what happened really. The ending was much better than the beginning, but for me was still not worth it. I don't know if it was because I was listening to it on audio and it'd be different if I read it, but I just didn't get the hype. I never could picture the prison the way I wanted to. I never really cared what happened to any of the characters because I never connected to them. Made me sad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incarceron.

12/19/2010 "Going to listen to the audiobook and only do so when I am driving by myself and I am on vacation so it may be a while before I even start it. (That was one long run-on sentence.)"
12/25/2010 "My dad got me When you are Engulfed in Flames- going to listen to that first. :)"
02/26/2011
25.0% "Haven't gotten the hype yet. We'll see..."
show 1 hidden update…