Tina (Fantastic Book Review)'s Reviews > Nightshade

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Oct 20, 10

bookshelves: werewolves, young-adult, paranormal, magic
Read from October 13 to 18, 2010

Cremer lured me into her world of magical creatures surrounded by danger, suspense, and romantic tension from the beginning to the end of this mesmerizing novel. There are some books that you just have a feeling about – you know you won’t be able to put the book down. NIGHTSHADE is one of those books. Cremer’s writing makes you feel like you’re right there with the characters. From the setting right down to the mysteries surrounding the characters, I was hooked!

The characters in this book are one of a kind. Normally when a book has so many characters you tend not to get a feel for each of the characters but Cremer managed to pull it off. These characters had plenty of depth. I loved the dynamics of each of the Packs. I was highly fascinated and curious about the hierarchy of the Keepers, Guardians, and Searchers. I didn’t know what to believe or who to trust. I wanted to know everything about them. This book kept me guessing. The pace of the book flowed effortlessly so that one minute I was at the beginning and the next I was at the end of the book. I didn’t want it to end.

Calla (Alpha of the Nightshades) is the type of heroine I love to read about. She’s strong and will do anything to protect the ones she loves. I was so torn at times when it came to her relationship woes and the pressures that were thrown at her to do what’s right for the sake of the Pack. I must admit that the two love interests are both hot tamales! I loved both of these guys. Ren is alpha of the Banes and he has that cocky confidence that I love but he also shows a sensitive side when it comes to protecting his pack. I loved that about him. Then there’s the new guy in town, Shay. He throws a wrench in the packs’ secret world. He’s not afraid to question them about what he believes is right. He got plenty of brownie points for standing up to the wolves. All of the secondary characters were a joy to read about. All in all I found myself torn between the two male leads which is crazy for me since I always have a favorite when it comes to love triangles.

NIGHTSHADE has become one of my favorite werewolf novels. It’s a bit on the mature side and I love that. Nothing is watered down and I love the sizzling attraction between the main characters. It’s HOT! There aren’t many books that I will reread but this is one that I wanted to reread as soon as I finished. It’s that good! I know the wait for WOLFSBANE is going to be eating at me. 2011 can’t get here fast enough!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightshade.