Robin (RBBR)'s Reviews > A Little Bit Wild

A Little Bit Wild by Victoria Dahl

3193690
I'm not checking the spoiler button to hide this whole thing because although I do have one point that might be considered spoiler by some I don't think it really gives much away but it does play a major role in setting up the Heroine's character. As with all of Victoria Dahl's books I found this one to be a real page turner but unless I'm mixing it up with another book the fact that the Heroine (Marissa) thinks she is pregnant when she obviously isn't and its just her naivety that makes her think so becomes quite annoying. Marissa (Heroine) is quite naive and there's nothing wrong with that I think its safe to say we've all been there and I don't have a problem with naive Heroine's or Heroes for that matter. I also understand the need to draw out certain matters such as the "big secret" id est something one character is not telling another but sometimes one of them gets carried in my opinion to far. As I read this after a certain point my constant thought was geez get a clue already. Of course Marissa finally did get one and the story progressed from there. The best thing about Jude (Hero) I can recall at this time is that he allowed Marissa to be who she was. That's one of the great things about being married, finding the person who not only will allow you to be who you are but accept you for it, love you in spite of any faults and help you to be the person you need to be in front of society.

The next book in this series is scheduled to release on August 2, 2011 and I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

As for this book I'd say its worth reading although it may have some slow points and some annoying points but I'm finding that seems to be a pattern in books these days. Stretching an issue of some kind out a bit longer then I the reader may feel necessary. I wonder if Authors do it because they're trying to get a certain length or if its because they have some ideas in their head that they have to get out before they can allow the Hero\Heroine to tell the Heroine\Hero what they can't. Either way this was definitely in my opinion a good book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Bit Wild.

Denise Great Review! I haven't read anything by Victoria Dahl yet, but this book sounds interesting!

Yveva I disagree a little with your review, Marissa seems consistently sure she is NOT pregnant, but her family members insist on taking steps in case she might be.

Robin (RBBR) Miriam wrote: "I disagree a little with your review, Marissa seems consistently sure she is NOT pregnant, but her family members insist on taking steps in case she might be."

I may have to read the first part of the book again. Unless I'm confusing this with another one this is the book where the girl allowed someone to take her virginity and the family made arrangements for her to marry the Hero (the guy found with her was not an option) just in case she was pregnant.