Sophie Riggsby's Reviews > Beautiful Darkness

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia

Dec 19, 10

Read in November, 2010

Oh Ethan. What can I say except that I listened to the audiobook of Beautiful Darkness and once again was completely charmed by the voice and characterization of Ethan (yes, I realize an actor play the role, but you know, it's all fictional so let's pretend it IS the character for the sake of this review).

When we last left Ethan and Lena, there was a lot of turmoil in Gatlin County. Let's just say that in the sequel that is turned up. WAY UP. The conflict button was on full blast and I loved every minute of it.

Kami's and Margie's seamless writing continues to impress me. I cannot tell that two people wrote this story at all. The characterizations are tighter than ever and we get to see more of Gatlin's history in this volume. A fact that I loved. There were definitely a few AHA! and even shocking back-story moments that I totally didn't expect.

I want to keep this completely spoiler free, so I'll just add that I LOVED IT. And to say that I'm looking forward to the next installment is to lessen that emotion. I am simply put -- chomping at the bit!! If you haven't picked up this series, do yourself a favor and pick it up now. Or listen to it in audiobook format. The special effects alone caused me to look up at the sky as I was walking to make sure that it really wasn't raining. Okay, it was dark, I'll admit. :D
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Darkness.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) I'll have to get the audio books on this series. I'd love to hear Ethan's voice for real! ;)

Sophie Riggsby You will love the way the story is presented!

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) I will look into this definitely before book 3 comes out... I don't think rereading the books is in the cards to refresh my memory just before #3 is out so maybe the audiobooks will do the job! ;)

Sophie Riggsby Great idea!! I re-listened to BC before BD came out!