Heather's Reviews > BoneMan's Daughters

Mar 27, 10

liked it
bookshelves: audiobook
Read in July, 2009

Ryan is a military intelligence officer and serving in the middle east. He has been separated from his wife and daughter for the better part of his marriage and daughter's life. Needless to say, both his marriage and his relationship with his daughter is strained to the breaking point. And he doesn't really care. Due to Ryan's line of work, he has developed a certain coldness and detachment about him. He doesn't seem to care about too much beyond his duty.

This all changes when Ryan's daughter is kidnapped by the infamous BoneMan, who is known for kidnapping young girls and then killing them by breaking every bone in their body without breaking the skin. From there it becomes a father's quest for his daughter, and a chance at redemption for all of the mistakes he's made.

I enjoyed this story. It was a unique experience for me to listen to a fictional audiobook. I was not expecting the voices-- to have the narrator using different voices for the different characters. At first this was distracting and comical to me, but then I got used to it.

There was pretty good character development for the primary characters. The BoneMan wasn't quite creepy enough for me, but I have a pretty high "creep factor" bar. I expect a lot of my "bad guys". But he was acceptably creepy, and the narrator used an acceptably creepy and disturbingly calm voice for the BoneMan. This is an audiobook I'd recommend if you're looking for a good thriller.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read BoneMan's Daughters.