Katyana's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Aug 25, 10

bookshelves: fiction, kleenex-required, favorites, dystopian
Read in August, 2010

I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could.

The final book in the trilogy doesn't disappoint. I read the book straight, in a single sitting. Finished it at 3am when I had to work the following morning. I had a box of kleenex at my side, and believe you me, I used it.

I have been thinking all day about what to write in my review. I have a bunch of friends still reading this book, so, in order to avoid spoilers, it is hard to say much. Let's just leave it with this:

Real or not real?

Real.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Quotes Katyana Liked

Suzanne Collins
“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”
Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

08/24/2010 page 12
3.0% "Oh god, 12 pages in and I am already trying not to cry..."
08/24/2010 page 150
38.0% "Whatever it takes to break you." -- Ohgodohgodohgod!!!!"
08/24/2010 page 180
45.0% "Nooooooooo!!"
08/24/2010 page 217
54.0% "Oh jeebus. I don't know whether to laugh or cry."
08/25/2010 page 232
58.0% "God, this is devastating. I thought the worst thing they could do was kill him. But this is just absolutely devastating."
08/25/2010 page 337
84.0% "God. I think the last 60 or so pages are going to kill me. Which, I suppose, is okay. At least I won't have to be miserable and exhausted at work in 6 hours." 2 comments
08/25/2010 page 400
100.0% "Fin. 15 stars out of 5. Will try to formulate a review when my brain come back online." 4 comments

Pickles I'm loving it so far!

Katyana I am flipping the heck out! Oh god, I know that I am going to be sobbing at some point in this book!

Pickles Same here, especially if something happens to Peeta!

Pickles Definitely real. :)

Katyana Definitely. God, I wish we could chat through the book without spoiling everyone!!

Pickles We can chat through email! Send me a message with whatever you want to discuss.

Katyana Oh yeah! Huge novel-length email incoming!

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Real or not real? Real. - I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds intriguing!

Katyana It is! Have you snagged Hunger Games yet? I can't wait to hear what you think of the trilogy.

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Not yet. I didn't want to start it until the last one was out because I'd rather be able to rush to the store and buy them all and have a marathon if I end up loving the first one. I plan to pick it up after I whittle the pile I just bought down a bit. Soon!

Katyana I would be rereading the trilogy right this very second, I think, if I hadn't loaned book 1 out to a co-worker.

message 12: by Catherine (new)

Catherine That good, huh? *rubs hands together* Yes!

Katyana Hells yes. :)

Pickles It really was that good. I want to re-read it again someday soon.