Slayermel's Reviews > The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

Jan 11, 15

bookshelves: own, mythology, young-adult, fantasy, 21st-century, male-authors, series, 2010, american, humor, suspense, spirits, zombies, fiction, kobo
Recommended for: anyone who enjoys Greek mythology, Young Adults or Adventure Lovers :0)
Read from November 07 to 09, 2010, read count: 1

This book was fantastic; I have enjoyed the whole series and was distraught when I thought this was going to be the last book in the series. Thank Goodness he has decided to do a spin off series starting with “The Lost Hero”, I think this will allow us to get to know some of the other Demi-Gods a little better.

In The Last Olympian Percy and the other Demi-gods from camp half blood have to finally face Kronos. He has set his eyes on Destroying Olympus (which is located over The Empire State building) and has brought a whole demon army to help him. If that didn’t seem bad enough he has also set traps to distract the Gods and take the attention off of him, as well as other traps to distract the demi-gods. Everyone is still waiting to see what happens with the Prophecy and they are trying to figure it all out as they go.

Rachel has a key role in this book which I found nice, as I really liked her character. I’m also hoping that we will hear more of her in the next books. I also want to know more about how her family will react to her new situation, or if they will even notice.

I recommend this series to anyone who has an interest in Greek mythology, or even young adults who enjoy adventure stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Olympian.

11/07/2010 page 63
11/07/2010 page 230
60.0% "I have enjoyed this so much today, that I have gotten nothing else done :op"
show 1 hidden update…