Christine's Reviews > Rampant

Rampant by Diana Peterfreund

Apr 06, 10

Read from March 27 to April 05, 2010

I picked up this book and said, "Whaaat? Killer Unicorns? Awesome."

So I started to read and got...bored...Well, I picked it up while soaking in the freezing cold bathwater (long story which involves the spilling of hot gravy) and really got into it. After you get past the first chapter or so, the book is gripping and entertaining.

One of the best things about this book is that Astrid actually sounds like a teen, not a middle-aged woman, or whatever. That's not so easy to find.

It was interesting that virginity played such a big roll in the whole book--I wouldn't think that most people are concerned with it. Yet all of the strong female characters are virgins, which, of course, they have to be. It's required to be able to kill unicorns, and all. I really liked when one of the girls said religion wasn't her reason for remaining a virgin, but that "most people think that's the only good reason." It made her almost more honorable, since God wasn't her reasoning.

Her mom was insane and cruel, but ended up better. That was nice.

It was very good. Written a thousand times better than Twilight, and the story was cooler anyway. Very girl power.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rampant.

03/27/2010 page 25
6.22% "Killer unicorns? Amazing."

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Meryl (new) - added it

Meryl Dude, I believe anything, at this point, is better-written than "Twilight". :) Kinda interested in this book now!

Christine Well, i mean, duh.