Kristy's Reviews > By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead

2079018
Mar 28, 10

bookshelves: 2010, heavy
Read from March 27 to 28, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** This was very depressing. The only bright spot about this book was Santana. I LOVED him! I wanted more of him, he made me laugh. I could actually visualize his actions and facial expressions so clearly. I think the author did such a great job with him. My favorite part was when she finally broke down and showed some emotion to Santana. He was trying so hard to draw her out and I'm so glad she finally gave in to him.

I thought the ending was a little off. It just didn't seem to fit. I thought she needed more confidence building or something it just sort of felt rushed on the last page. I am happy it ended the way it did, I didn't want her to die, but the day before she was still planning her suicide. After years of trying and 23 days of counting down to the actual day she was going to do it it just didn't seem likely that she would just change her mind.

I did have a favorite quote from this book from Santana.

"...Give me a blob of that brownie poop." Santana holds up his plate. "Please."

hahaha I loved Santana.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ahad (new) - added it

Ahad So she doesnt kill her self at the end?

Kristy I didn't think she did... See? Thats what I'm talking about with the ending being a little off. It was almost like the author left it up to the reader to decide if she died or lived. I want a clear cut ending.