Jessie's Reviews > First Rider's Call

Jul 19, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: summer-2010
Read in July, 2010

** spoiler alert ** At least 3 1/2 stars! Fun reading. Kristen Britain writes a great plot, and just when you think you have the end figured out, a twist comes making it even more interesting. This book is full of heros, challenges, self doubt and then normal everyday people who decide that they have to do something. It gives me a little hope. None of us are heros, but we do the best we can. She doesn't wish for glory, or want to be the leader she is destined to be, but she accepts her fate and gives it the old college try. *** stop here for spoilers*** So we have a little of the romance in this book. At the end the King tells her he loves her, and she realizes that she loves him too. The Green Rider who love her tried to save the wall for her, but he was tricked by the bad spirit that is held behind the wall for now. This spirit took her form, to lure the wall builder into singing the song to the wall that would continue to crack it. Karrigan finds out that she can go back and forward in time because of the wild magic that is found in her body because of the wound she received from the magic beast she fought in the last book. The Eletians tell her about this, and let her look into the mirror to see who she really is. She sees someone who isn't strong. She gains more self doubt. I have to read the next book soon. This book had a good ending, but there are still questions to ask, and ways to add to the story. I'm going to the library today.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Rider's Call.