Mrs. Missive's Reviews > Fallen

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Mar 27, 2010

Read from March 27 to 30, 2010

I could not put this book down....even when I had no freakin idea what was going on the author kept me so interested that I was sneaking in pages of this everywhere I went. My only complaint is that it took sooooo long for Luce to figure out even the smallest bit of information.

I had been recommended this book and didn't have any idea what it was about, I just started reading blindly...and I think the fact that I was just as confused as the main character really took me into the story that much more.

Luce has seen these shadows her whole life. And usually she sees them before something bad happens. She lost her first boyfriend to a fire right after her first kiss...talk about a scarring situation. And is subsequently blamed for his death by the police...which leads her to a demented reform school that was created in an abandoned church and cemetary. This brings her into the classic YA formula of two guys fighting for Luce's attention...which you learn at the last second is actually a reoccuring battle between good and evil.

This book is a great series set up that will truely allow for the author to do a lot with these characters. I can't wait to read the next one!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.