Thee_ron_clark's Reviews > Mucho Mojo

Mucho Mojo by Joe R. Lansdale

Mar 27, 10

bookshelves: action, mystery
Read in March, 2010

Mucho Mojo is the second in Lansdale's series of Hap and Leonard books.

Hap is a liberal white guy and Leonard is a conservative homosexual black guy. Somehow, they are best friends despite these stark differences and the fact that they live in an area of east Texas still a bit behind the power curve in the realm of civil rights.

In this story, Leonard's uncle dies and leaves him his property and a nice chunk of cash. Unfortunately, there is a crack house next to the property.

The crack house turns out to be the least of their worries when the unlikely duo is tossed into a mystery of child murders going back several years.

I really saw the difference in Mucho Mojo from Savage Season as far as Hap and Leonard are concerned. Both characters came to life much more in this story.

The humor and dialog also improved. I found myself chuckling out loud on more than one occasion.

Note: The chuckling was not about the child murders. Just wanted to get that cleared up.

Anyway, this was a fast, smooth, entertaining, and exciting read with a nice little mystery wrapped in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mucho Mojo.