Annika's Reviews > The Lost Hero

Jan 18, 11

bookshelves: favorite-books
Read from October 22, 2010 to January 18, 2011

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Hero.

Quotes Annika Liked

Rick Riordan
“Piper patted his shoulder. “Trust me, Valdez. Beautiful people never lie.”

Rick Riordan
“Leo: “I can’t believe I thought you were hot.”
Khione’s face turned red. “Hot? You dare insult me? I am cold, Leo Valdez. Very, very cold.”

“Oh, and Drew, honey?”
The former counselor looked back reluctantly.
“In case you think I’m not a true daughter of Aphrodite,” Piper said, “don’t even look at Jason Grace. He may not know it yet, but he’s mine. If you even try to make a move, I will load you into a catapult and shoot you across Long Island Sound.”
Drew turned around so fast, she ran into the doorframe. Then she was gone.”

Rick Riordan
“Is that me?,' Leo said. 'Like me--having this dream--looking at me having a dream?”

Rick Riordan
“Leo: Rainbows. Very macho.
Annabeth: Butch is our best equestrian, he gets along great with the pegasi.
Leo: Rainbows, ponies...
Butch: I'm gonna toss you off this chariot.”

Rick Riordan
“Child of lightning, beware the earth,
The giants' revenge the seven shall birth,
The forge and the dove shall break the cage,
And death unleash through Hera's rage.”

Rick Riordan
“Leo frowned at the giant's spire. "Can't we blow it up or something?"
"Without me, you do not have the power," Hera said. "You might as well try to destroy a mountain."
"Done that once today," Jason said.”

Rick Riordan
“That's what happens when it snows in Texas lady. It. Freaking. Melts.”
tags: leo

Rick Riordan
“I have lightning and wind powers," Jason reminded him. "Piper can turn beautiful and charm people into giving her BMWs. You're no more a freak than we are. And, hey, maybe you can fly, too. Like jump off a building and yell 'Flame on!'"
Leo snorted. "If I did that, you would see a flaming kid falling to his death, and I would be yelling something a little stronger than 'Flame on!”

“You can’t burn me.”

Rick Riordan
“Now-what’s our game plan?”
Coach Hedge belched. He’d already had three espressos and a plate of doughnuts, along with two napkins and another flower from the vase on the table. He would’ve eaten the silverware, except Piper had slapped his hand.
“Climb the mountain,” Hedge said. “Kill everything except Piper’s dad. Leave.”
“Thank you General Eisenhower,” Jason grumbles.”

Rick Riordan
“Piper gripped his hand and followed him, “If I fall, you’re catching me.” “Uh, sure.” Jason hoped he wasn’t blushing.
Leo stepped out next. “You’re catching me, too, Superman. But I ain’t holding your hand.”

Rick Riordan
“Maybe people with special gifts show up when bad things are happening because that's when they're needed most.”

Rick Riordan
“Which meant his only assets were one whiny imprisoned goddess, one sort-of-girlfriend with a dagger, and Leo, who apparently thought he could defeat the armies of darkness with breath mints.”