Crystal's Reviews > Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze

Apr 20, 2010

bookshelves: for-review, read-april-2010
Read from April 12 to 15, 2010

If you like edge-of-your-seat thrillers with some romance then this is a book for you. This was my first experience with Ms. Hinze as an author. She writes great romantic suspense.

I liked this book for it's different from the ordinary plot. The book features Kelly, a woman who we learn at the beginning of the book is on the run from a group she knows little about. Then she ends up unconscious and left in a field with no memory of who she is and what is going on. She remembers some things, just not everything or the important things. Ben is just trying to get over the loss of his family several years ago and does not want to get involved in anything like what Kelly is involved in, but he gets pulled in and then he can't leave her.

It's exciting and it keeps you guessing. I liked how the story was given to you a little bit at a time. You didn't know much about Kelly, Ben or the bad guys in the beginning and then slowly their stories unfold. This is the first in the series and was an enjoyable read. I look forward to the next book and the couple it will focus on and more about the Crossroads Crisis Center.

My one complaint was the book was a little choppy. The jumping back and forth, which keeps things exciting, seemed a little too jumpy at times. I also feel like I never got the full story, but there are more books coming in the series, so I am guessing I will learn more in the following books. The main plot in Forget Me Not was tied up, but there is a larger plot that I want to learn more about and I hope I will.

But overall, this was a very enjoyable read. It's definitely a thriller and time well-spent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget Me Not.

04/15/2010 page 300
85.23% "This is a definite thriller - I can't wait to finish."