Reena Jacobs's Reviews > The Renegade Hunter

Jul 12, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed, 2010-reads
Read from August 24 to 27, 2010

Expect review on my blog 8/30/2010 http://reenajacobs.com/blog/2010/08/n...

This was an okay read. Well, a little better than just okay. Or maybe it was just eh. I can say it got me back in the reading mood. It started well enough I was a bit bummed I’d taken so long to get to it.

I would love to say something significant stood out in this story (good or bad), but really I found it not really spectacular one way or the other. Really a middle of the line type deal. It was typical of an Argeneau story with pretty much the same themes in the prior books. Nothing risky, nothing fresh. Tried and true is what I’d call it. But I’m guessing after how many novels? the storyline is bound to get played out.

(view spoiler)

Moving on. I thought the novel was well paced except toward the end. For me the last 50 pages or so were a bit slow, but I understand Ms. Sands needed to wrap up all the loose ends. At least most of them, that was.

I’d recommend The Renegade Hunter for anyone who really enjoys the Argeneau series and is looking for something consistent. As I said, it wasn’t a bad read, just not very fresh. 2.5 stars really, but let's round up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Renegade Hunter.