Jennifer's Reviews > Castle Waiting, Vol. 1

Castle Waiting, Vol. 1 by Linda Medley

Nov 26, 2007

bookshelves: jefferson-s, fiction, graphic-novel, owned
Read in March, 2012

I've had this book for a few years now. This winter I put it, along with most of our "children's" chapter books on a bookcase at the top of the stairs. Lately, this book started trying to stare me down as I climbed the stairs. Then, when Emma recommended it to me, I finally gave up and put it at the top of my to-be-read pile.

I loved it. Many times I'd sit down on the edge of the bathtub to read a few pages while I brushed my teeth before bed, only to get up half an hour later with a chapter or two read and cold and sore from balancing on the edge of the tub that whole time.

Really, this book is just wonderful, and I can't recommend it highly enough. The art is fantastic, the storytelling is fascinating, familiar, and new, all at once. The blurb on the back is right, it is "about being a hero in your own home." It's about standing by your loved ones, and being decent to everyone, even those you don't like very much.

I hear there is a sequel. I need it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Castle Waiting, Vol. 1.

Emma Hooray! I'm so glad you read it and loved it.

Yes, there is a sequel and it's wonderful, too!