Maria's Reviews > How to Survive a Robot Uprising: Tips on Defending Yourself Against the Coming Rebellion

How to Survive a Robot Uprising by Daniel H. Wilson

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: pla-booktalk, eye-catching-title, army-overdrive, audio-books, favorites
Read on April 04, 2012

We all know that robots are just making their plans to take over the world... which means that its not too late for you to make your plans to escape. Filled with practical advice about surviving, like keeping an ax to go through walls when your robot house revolts, and to double check the child seat before you toss it out the window to confuse the robot car chasing you, or asking your Ewok friends for advice on stopping a "walker robot," this book may save your life.

Why I started it: It was mentioned in Wired for War: The Robotics Revolution and Conflict in the 21st Century and was on my list of teen books to read.

Why I finished it: The audio was short, engaging and hilarious! I can't wait to recommend this book to the kids of my Summer Reading program.

Favorite line: "You have discovered that your extremely submissive, lovable, and expensive servant robot has turned 'rebel.' This can feel like losing a member of the family. However, if the situation is not dealt with properly, it may feel more like losing every member of the family, plus a few neighborhood kids."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Survive a Robot Uprising.