Brooke's Reviews > Siren

Siren by Tricia Rayburn

Sep 04, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-supernatural-psychic, mermaids, disappointed-me
Read from August 08 to September 04, 2010

I haven't actually read any books involving Mermaids before Siren, so I was pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoyed it as I did have my reservations. I found the beginning a little confusing, but once the story line began to unroll I was able to make sense of it all and enjoy what was taking place. The characters were likable (and loathe-able where appropriate) and the story flowed well, the character development was consistent and seeing (so to speak) their interaction and relationships change was gratifying. A very good debut novel from someone who, in my opinion, will be one to watch.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Siren.

08/08/2010 page 23
08/08/2010 page 23
7.0% "Quite a slow start this far... Hoping it picks up fast."
08/09/2010 page 88
25.0% "Getting better... Slowly."
09/02/2010 page 105
30.0% "This book is confusing :o|"
09/03/2010 page 160
45.0% "Definitely getting better. Perhaps reading at night is what was confusing me. Haha."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nic (new)

Nic I just bought this yesterday!

Brooke Haha, awesome! I found it at the store today and was like "OOH!". I went to pick up "Perfect Chemistry" too cos I know you really loved that one, but figured I'd read this one first.

Jessica Dillon I'm just about to start this book now. Thanks for inviting me as a friend. Thats really cool about our names. I just got married, so I'm not used to being a "dillon" yet. You've read a tonne of books I want to read too. HAHA. :)

Brooke Oh, well I hope you enjoy it! I was a bit bored at the beginning but it did pick up. I look forward to seeing your review!

I have so many unread books at home it's crazy. I think I have a problem ;o)

You're most welcome! Haha, it is a bit cool :oP Ah, well I've been a Dillon my whole life so I don't know what I'm going to do when I get married!! I won't know myself. Haha!

Jessica Dillon I didn't mind it. The ending was all a bit strange for me... But it's a sequel and I will definately be reading the next book. I have read so many books lately - but always forget to review them. I must do some reviews soon :)