Judy's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Mar 25, 2010

bookshelves: my-2010-books, audiobooks
Recommended for: adults
Read from March 25 to April 19, 2010 , read count: 1

I loved this story; it was very hard to put down when other things needed attention. I've read reviews by people who struggled to stay interested for the first 100 pages, but for me it gained momentum very quickly, starting with the scandalous conviction for libel of Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist. This story had everything -- financial scandal, murder mystery, rich and dysfunctional family, unusual and appealing (also some hateful) characters, interesting setting, love story of sorts, some creepy criminal activity, and amazing detective work. Larsson built the suspense extremely well in the creepy episodes and then pulled everything together very well in the end, while still leaving me craving the next book. The plot is intense and satisfying, and for the most part I never knew what would happen next. Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist were such intriguing and likable characters -- I can't wait to see what they do next. I've already started reading "The Girl Who Played With Fire".

message 1: by Hayes (new)

Hayes I can't wait for the next one! Have to go investigate my standings in the bookring!

Stephen Gallup The cover reminded me of the cover for "The Girl Who Played with Fire," (which was on a short list for best covers last year). (I've been nursing a similar design for the cover of my own book if it ever goes anywhere.) Didn't realize until now that both of these are by the same author. You make it sound very good.

message 3: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay Kinsler Well stated Judy - I am waiting on book 3 now. Warren finished the Dragaon tattoo last night!

Judy I'm halfway through the 2nd book and thoroughly enjoying it.

message 5: by Ile (new)

Ile So different translation in spanish.. something like
"Men who didn't love women".
Nice book. when you are reading you cant' stop.
I have a big line before me to read #2and #3 :D Patience is a virtue, isn't it?