♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness's Reviews > Moon Called

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

3209146
Mar 31, 11

Read from March 26 to 29, 2010

This was a real disappontment :( after reading how everyone thought it was fantastic and was giving it five stars I got my hopes up. The story line itself had huge potential and there was also a slight love triangle going on with Sam and Adam but that is were the story was lacking.

Other than the slight hint that there was interest in Mercy from Adam and Sam there was no romantic input what so ever. I love all books to have a romantic sub plot and call me stereo typical but I think that all books need to have this. I don't think I'll be going any further in ther series unless someone tells me a romance develops within the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Called.

03/28/2010 page 76
26.39% "Not feeling this right now.....cannot get into it!! is there any romance in it at all?"

Comments (showing 1-13)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Jacqueline Probably you already know this but a romance does develop over the course of these books. Not 100% resolved yet but it's getting there. Been having fun reading your reviews and saw no one had weighed in here. :-)

message 11: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen How timely. I was just asking Annie how she felt about this book and how the romance was. Cause I need the romance too.

Laura the Highland Hussy the romance comes, but it's not at the forefront of the series, at least not for a bit. I love Mercy, so this series is awesome for me! I've got River Marked all loaded up on my Nook :)

message 9: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Laura- Have you read Chicogoland Vamps? How would you compare it to that (if you have read it)?

Laura the Highland Hussy I haven't :S
but I'd say that they are different from the reviews I've read. TCV sounds like it has more sex, or romantic encounters.
Mercy doesn't until book 3 (I Think bk 3)

message 7: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Ok. Thanks!! TCV pretty much kicks ass. You guys should give it a try. I just read the whole series last week!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Sorry you didnt like this, Sam. The romance is a subplot throughout the whole series and I know you love your lovin'! Great review!

I read the first two CLV books and only got through one. I almost didnt finish it. It's funny, but thats all there's is. I thought all the characters were similar in personality so none stood out. Need to read the second book and hopefully, my thoughts will change.

Jen, if you're looking for something like CLV, then MT isnt it. Try Night Huntress, if you havent already. The Sabina Kane series by Jaye Wells, or Dark Swan by Richelle Mead.

message 5: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen I have read the Night Huntress books but not the other 2. I will try them. Thanks!

Laura the Highland Hussy How about Jennifer Ashley's Stormwalker series? The 3rd book comes out this June and I really love this series- two words: *whispers* dragon shifter

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "How about Jennifer Ashley's Stormwalker series? The 3rd book comes out this June and I really love this series- two words: *whispers* dragon shifter"

Oh I do love that series. Mick is smokin'.

Ronyell Great review! I also wanted a little more romance between the characters, so I guess we'll see in the next book.

Amanda Lopez Omg i feel the same way. I just cannot get into it. Becquse it had such high reviews i found myself forcefully reading it and trying to get into it but that feels the a chore to me. At this point i am done with it. However, i am relieved to know that i am not the only one who feels this way. Thanks for ur review