Sarah's Reviews > Spirit Bound

Dec 05, 10

bookshelves: books-i-own, 5-star-reads
Read from May 18 to 23, 2010, read count: 2

** spoiler alert ** ** - those are extra stars

First of all I’d just like to say that Spirit Bound was by far the best book I have ever read – not just in this series but ever!

Well worth the wait.

There was so much going on in this book, right from the first chapter. I found myself yelling out loud “Oh My God!” and at times I couldn't believe my own eyes, some of the events happening in this book were totally beyond words.

I know I’ve said this in almost every review but seriously, I really love Rose! She is so determined and would do anything for the people she loves. She’s strong – especially in situations where the people she loves most in the world turn their back on her.

“You don’t understand what it’s like coming through what I did – coming back from being a Strigoi. It’s changed everything. It’s not just that what I did to you is unforgiveable. All my feelings… my emotions for you... they changed. I don’t feel the way I used to. I might be a Dhampir again, but after what I went through… well, it’s scared me. It altered my soul. I can’t love anyone now. I can’t – I don’t – love you. There’s nothing more between you and me.

I know for a fact that if the love of my life had said those words to me, I would have crumbled to the ground and given up all hope, but no, not Rose. After everything Rose went through to turn Dimitri back and to hear those words coming from him, she still didn’t crumble or falter. She is a soldier! I just love her to bits.

And then there is of course Dimitri, oh my god, Dimitri! He broke my heart in Blood Promise and Spirit Bound wasn't any easier. At times I really felt like punching him. I still love him and have hope that Rose and Dimitri will end up together… but… well… now I have also fallen in love with Adrian. I’m so confused with who Rose should end up with. Dimitri has always been the obvious choice for Rose but now it’s a little more complicated. I guess Dimitri’s final attempt to push Rose away and the words he used “I've given up on you. Love fades, mine has” pushed me over the edge.

The end was as I expected it to be, a cliff hanger. But I’m really glad that Abe was the one to come to Rose’s side as her “lawyer” in his gray cashmere suit (Abe, another character I just love to bits).

I really don't know how I will be able to wait until December to know how this epic story ends. It’s going to be torture.

Highly, highly recommended! Of course I don’t think I really need to recommend it because if you have read the other books, you will definitely read this one!

Second Review: God I love this book. It's just as great the second time around... will probably feel the same after the third, fourth and fifth time too. Best book ever!

Third Review: Bring on Last Sacrifice!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Bound.

05/18/2010 page 1
0.2% "OMG! finally..."
05/22/2010 page 247
50.51% "WHOA... I did not see that coming!!! Wicked." 3 comments
05/27/2010 page 268
54.81% "God I love this book..."
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Joyzi I can't find an e-book copy yet and when I go to the bookstore they don't have it yet either, I'm so jealous! can you like write some spoilers in your review after reading it. please, please, please

Sarah Hahaha ok, if you want. :)
um Borders and Target have heaps of copies, if you want to try there?