Larissa's Reviews > The Killing Edge

Mar 28, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: arc, to-review
Read from March 26 to 29, 2010

If you look at the my reviews and the books I am usually reading, it is pretty obvious that my favorite Genres are basically anything that is related to the paranormal and fantasy. I have been trying to branch out and checking out different genres recently, then I saw this Romantic Thriller and decided to give it a chance.

I don’t have much experience with reading thrillers, hence I don’t have much to compare this novel to, but I have to say that though i did enjoy reading The killing Edge, I wasn’t thoroughly impressed with it.

Right at the first page we get sucked into the mind of a killer and witness the beginning of a massacre. We then are taken to the POV of Chloe and her fight to run from the killers, stay alive and save her friends.

That was a very promising start and it did grab me. We then get to see Chloe 10 years after those killings and I have to say that I really enjoyed her as a character. A strong woman, who witness something horrible and despite being damaged, was able to work through it and become successful and well rounded.

A disappearance and new murders put Chloe and Luke together. Luke is an ex cop from England that has been living and working as a P.I. in the U.S. for almost a decade. I found him to be the perfect fit for Chloe, being that he also had a terrible experience in his past and is damaged from it as well. His way of dealing with it was different though, and that is where I believe he and Chloe bond, being different and similar all at the same time.

I enjoyed Heather Graham’s writing, i liked that she alternated between Chloe’s, Luke’s and the killer’s POVs and she was still able to keep the murderer’s identity a secret until the very end. I was completely surprised by it and that is quite an accomplishment nowadays, when i find myself guessing the perpetrator more times than not.

A couple things did bother me though, one of them was when the author over described a situation or a place, It got to a point where i found myself skimming forward. The other thing was the line she straddled on when it came to the sex scenes. Not smut and not Not-Smut, there were points when the scenes were almost crossing the line and then we got some others where she just scanned it, skipping it all.

I don’t mind the skipping, specially since the book is not erotica, but if there is going to be a couple more explicit scenes, it’s better to go, at least, almost all out, I felt like she held back and some of the imagery she used to describe feeling during those scenes were a bit overdone.

All in all, The killing Egde, was a fun read. It didn’t keep me at the edge of my seat at all times, but it had its moments. I loved the main couple and would like to have had more time with them at the end. The mystery was very well done and I loved being surprised by the end.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Killing Edge.

03/27/2010 page 1