Sparrow's Reviews > The Law of Torts: Examples & Explanations

The Law of Torts by Joseph W. Glannon

May 08, 10

bookshelves: law, reviewed, law-basics-minus-tuition-fees
Recommended for: All incoming law students
Read from March 25 to April 10, 2010

Thank you for everything, Mr. Glannon. You are a good person.

To the rest of you: if you ever go to law school, read the Examples & Explanations. Maybe even read them before you go. You won't regret it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Law of Torts.

03/25/2010 page 389
60.59% "I kind of want to see Glannon and the reasonable person street fight. It wouldn't solve everything, but it would solve a lot."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seán (new)

Seán Word indeed. Forget Emmanuel's and Gilbert's and other such rot, and trust in E&E.

Sparrow Without this book . . . darkness and blackness . . . and maybe gnashing of teeth.

message 3: by Donovan (new) - added it

Donovan I've read several places where it's a good idea to read the E&E series of books, at least for the Big Six, before even going to law school. After getting just partway through three of them, I can see why.

Sparrow I've heard that with some of them you can get misled because the professors teach the topics differently, and you can get stuck in the theory of the E&E, rather than getting what the professor's going for. The Chemerinsky is a better study guide for constitutional law, as far as I know. But, this one is really great for torts.

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian Actually I've never heard of these books. I always thought the "examples" and "explanations" were the real cases.

Sparrow Yeah, I'm not big on study guides because sometimes I think they raise more questions than they answer if they go a different direction than the prof. This is the only E&E I've read other than the Dispute Resolution one. I also think they might be a newer series, Ian.

message 7: by Ian (new)

Ian "I also think they might be a newer series, Ian."

Did Meredith just call me old? I mean, shit, dude.

Sparrow I was trying to be delicate, but that doesn't usually work for me. No, I mean, I've gotten the impression that they've been in the past five or so years. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I figured you couldn't be as wise or successful as you are now if you just graduated. ;) How's that?

message 9: by Ian (new)

Ian Hmmm. Yes, I suppose I am wise and successful, now that you mention it.

And I graduated from law school in '01, for what it's worth ;)

Sparrow See? I thought they were pretty recent!