Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Duty & Devotion

Duty & Devotion by Tere Michaels

There's things I liked about this one and there's things I didn't. For one, I never really liked Evan. I thought him being a homophobe and his constant denial was kind of annoying in the first one and it kinda just carries over to the second one even though it's a tad lighter.

I did, however, love Matt. He was just as likable in this one as he was in Faith & Fidelity. He seems to like the new lifestyle he adopted when he and Evan became an official couple and I must say, I kinda like him as a househusband especially since Evan's kids need a constant stable person, like Matt, in their everyday lives. The highlight of the book for me, though, was getting to see Jim and Griffin again. I loved their book a lot and while I loved F&F, too, I still didn't much like Evan so it took me forever to finish this series.

I will say Evan wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I kept hearing about how horrible he was in D&D and how everyone just hated him more but I honestly liked him more in this one. Yeah, he's a freaking idiot that needs to get over his dislike of 'labels' but he seemed more real to me and not so desperate to find a solution to how to handle his kids which I thought was how he was in F&F. So, I did like Evan better but he's still not my favorite character. Matt is a God. I love him to pieces and apparently Evan loves Matt enough to get over his hangups with being 'gay' so Evan warmed up to me because by the end of the book, I felt we get a definite answer that hey, Evan's not perfect but he loves Matt and he's actually trying to work towards accepting Matt's touch in public. PDA's are a no-no to Evan and by the end of the book, he actually shows a few of them so it gave me the impression Evan is finally growing up! Lol.

The reason I can't give this five stars, though, is because I couldn't get into the beginning of the story. I don't know why, maybe I was guarding myself and readying the pitchfork to find any reason to hate Evan? Eh, who knows but once Jim and Griffin joined the picture I really loved the book. Evan finally got into my good graces and the story ended really well. I didn't want to put it down once I finally got into it so overall, it was a great story. I think it answered all the questions I had left over from F&F and I got to get another dose of Jim and Griffin so I'm a happy camper...er reader ^_^

I definitely recommend this one especially if you already read the other two in the series. Evan isn't as bad as everyone made him out to be. As long as you go in the book with an open mind you can appreciate the changes Evan goes through to get to where he finally ends up. But read it. Decide for yourself if Evan is still the asshole we all grew to love or hate. Lol

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Duty & Devotion.

18.0% "Hmmm, not sure how I feel about it yet" 4 comments
04/05/2011
34.0% "So, so far they've kinda just had mild fights and attempted sex :-(" 4 comments
43.0% 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Great review! :) I've only read FF but I'll be reading the next two books too.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Thanks, E! L&L is my favorite but this one is good, too, once you get past Evan being an idiot. lol

Wyndslash i just finished faith and fidelity. can i read this without reading love and loyalty first? xP

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Yup, you can. But you'll get a few small spoilers about what happens with Jim and Griffin in L&L

Wyndslash just finished the whole series xD

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* How'd you like it?

Wyndslash it was good xD

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Good, good... now, what's going on with Double Down? I'm like 5 days past my nagging point but I'm doing it now! :P

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Well, that's not an answer!!