Max705's Reviews > Lord of the Shadows

U 50x66
Mar 25, 2010

Read on March 25, 2010

Max Leu 705 ELA creative reading response: alternate ending

“If you kill Darren, you won’t just be slaughtering my son, you’ll be murdering your nephew!” I gasped and let go of Darius. He didn’t move, he just stared at his father with dreaded eyes.
Then Alice looked at me and said “I am going to see if I can catch R.V.” Then she ran out. Steve looked at Darius, laughed and said, “You keep him.” Anger started building up in me. I picked my knife up “you’ll never hit me in…” he started but then he realized I wasn’t aiming for him. I brought the knife down hard on to Darius’s skull. I could feel the blade go into soft flesh and then hit the skull.
I have done it. I have truly become the monster I was supposed to become. I wanted to care but I couldn’t, I just wanted more. Darius fell and I could feel the eyes of everyone I the room on me. For a minute the room was still, even Steve was stunned. In that minute of silence I thought. I thought about is winning this war really worth it? The world will end either way.
Debbie was the first to break the silence with even more crying. I walked over to her with my knife raised but Vancha stepped in the way. He knew what I was thinking. I tried to stab him but he knocked it away. “You don’t have to do this Darren.” I felt enraged, by how he wanted for the war to go on, and how he wanted more and more people to give up their lives to try to stop it when no matter what the world is lost. Then I jabbed my finger into his heart. He tried to block it but my strength was too immense with all that rage. He fell to the floor, dead.
I heard Steve yell “Finally Darren, you see how to bring peace to this world.” I nodded, picked up my knife and kept walking. Debbie didn’t run she just kept sobbing and waited to meet her death, and she did.
I turned around and looked at Steve. He waved to me and smiled. Then I took my knife and brought myself peace.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Shadows.

03/25/2010 page 186