Amanda's Reviews > Following the Equator

Following the Equator by Mark Twain

Jan 04, 11

bookshelves: nook-color
Read from November 24, 2010 to January 04, 2011

For my first book on my brand new nook color, I thought I would start with one of the books that I have always wanted to read, but could never find a copy. Reading it would be a new experience.

I enjoyed this book. I have always enjoyed Twain's nonfiction-- or whatever you want to call it-- immensely. This one stood up to the earlier ones that I've read until about three-quarters the way through where it moves into an essay about South African politics much like his essay on the Congo and King Leopold of Belgium.

It is a very descriptive telling of a journey around the world, no matter how much politics there was at the end. It is filled with Twain's fluid prose on all matters on the places he visits, from India to Australia. Very worth your time.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Following the Equator.

11/24/2010 page 127
27.0% "I've chosen it as the first book that I will read on my brand new nook-color! I am going to read the new edition of the autobiography after this-- the print edition!"
show 8 hidden updates…