Alyson Farmer's Reviews > The Help

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Mar 24, 10

bookshelves: bookclub, fiction
Read in March, 2010

I have been hearing about this book for a while and finally decided to read it myself (And invite others too also for book club in June). I read this book during my recent trip to California with my Mom and sisters. They kindly let me read in the car while they drove (I love dranamine!)

This story was so beautiful. I really came to love the three women featured in the story. GREAT!!!!

Because it is a little bit longer of a book it might be good to start passing it around now before June. For those in book club, let me know if you want to read it next and I'll pass it on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Help.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Hilary Roberts Even if this isn't my favorite kind of book, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I saw that you are passing it around for book club, so I decided to get it from the library. I'm 40th in line for the 8 books they have. Even more proof it's a good book. :) Let me know when it's ready to come to me, and I'll let you know if I've been up at the library or not.

Alyson Farmer We will be reading this book in June. My neighbor was telling me that there are 70 copies going around in our library system. Yesterday I was #160 ish (from #170 ish the day before). I finally bought it for myself but am still on the hold list to be able to pass more copies around for book club.

Hilary Roberts Crazy! Now I'm getting excited to read it. By the way, I started Hunger Games and am really enjoying it. I prepared myself for what the book is about and am trying to be numb and not think of the characters as real people.