Asha712's Reviews > No Way Out

U 50x66
Mar 24, 2010

bookshelves: 7th-grade, favorite-books
Read on March 24, 2010

This was a really good book. It showed how people’s lives are in the real world. How this story can happen to anyone. One thing that I learned is that you need to be careful of who you trust and hang out with. Harold didn’t do a good job of that. He knew that when he went to 25th street that trouble was going to start and that once he got there, there was no turning back. This book also made me think about how you should love your family while you’re alive and that when ever there is a problem between you and your family you should talk about it with them. Harold didn’t talk about it with his grandmother so he got himself in deep crap for no reason.

This book is like all the other Bluford books I read. This book kept me engage even when I got up to boring parts of it. Usually when I get up to boring parts of a book I will stop reading it even though the rest of the book might be amazing. I think that Harold really cared about his grandmother and him staying with her all the time forever until she is gone forever. One thing that I didn’t understand about Harold is why he would get himself tied up in drug dealing for Londell. He knew that Londell was bad news in the begging and he knew that once he joined is “crew” he would never be able to leave. I mean yeah it shows how much he cares about his grandmother and taking care of her bills and helping out a little bit, but was working for Londell his only option for good bucks???

I think that Harold knew that what he was getting himself into was wrong but he wanted to help out so he went on with it. I think that Harold is a good person, but what if Mr. Harris wasn’t there to save Harold from getting his but killed by Londell Harold probably would have died. The two other kids that were there are terrified of Londell so they probably wouldn’t do anything. I wonder own the ending of the book would have been if Mr. Harris wasn’t there to save Harold.

This book was really good. It kept me engaged at all times and my fluency was awesome. At some points of the story I wasn’t that committed. Sometimes I just wanted to put down the book, but I kept reading anyway. Not a lot of books can do that with me because I am a very picky reader. As soon as I don’t like a part of the book I tend to put it down and get another one. All of the Bluford books that I have read have kind of the same things going on. But overall this book was really good.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Way Out.

03/24/2010 page 105
75.0% "does londell really care about his "boys" or just his money or both?"