ayrdaomei's Reviews > Everybody Kills Somebody Sometime

Mar 24, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: finished
Read from March 20 to 26, 2010

This is the first book in the Rat Pack Mysteries series. First the positives: I enjoyed learning how Eddie first met the guys, and Jerry. RJR once again displays his knack for setting a scene and re-creating the glory days of Vegas. I liked the portrayal of Dean Martin, and Eddie's insights into the workings/dynamics of the Summit/Clan/Rat Pack. And, at under 300 pages, it was another quick read.

The negatives: Although there's much more of the Rat Pack in this one, I found that I didn't enjoy this book as much as You're Nobody Til Somebody Kills You. I still liked it, but this one's a bit coarser and the exposition's more prevalant and a bit unwieldy at times. And, you know, I didn't think the story was as interesting - I got that Eddie was in over his head, but for my money, our hero spent much too much time without a clue about what was going on.

If one wanted to start reading this series, I'd recommend picking up a later book first, and then coming back to this title.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everybody Kills Somebody Sometime.

03/24/2010 page 173