Kari Gregg's Reviews > More

More by Sloan Parker

Mar 27, 10

bookshelves: glbt, bdsm
Read from March 26 to 27, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Wow. I'm not really much for m/m/m, just not my thing, but this one had BDSM (light BDSM, as it turns out) elements in it, a new author and I was in the mood for something longer so...perfect. As it happens, perfect was right. Close enough, anyway.

Luke Moore is an IT geek, flitting from guy to guy and never the same guy (guys, I should say) twice when he hooks up with Richard and Matthew. My degree's in computer & info systems so Luke, I adored. I would've liked to have seen more of a his inner geek. C'mon. You work in IT, you're going to have problems interfacing with humans from time to time (you tend to hyperfocus & get lost in a job) and you are always going to roll your eyes at what other people do to their machines even when they don't realize they're being stupid and especially when it's not appropriate for you to be eye-rolling...Luke's job felt like window-dressing, which was odd considering the attention paid to Richard's profession and Matthew's working. Doesn't detract from the story, but my inner geek just would've liked to see it.

Richard was great. He makes mistakes (all the characters in this book do), but he learns from them. And he handles Luke just right. A bit too rational for me, but hey, Luke & Matthew are involved with him, not me.

Matthew's exuberance and puppy-ish bounciness became a bit wearing, but only because this book was so long. By the end, I really felt he was beginning to come into his own and grown into his skin.

I rated 4 stars only because the Evil Political Father felt cliche'd to me. The evolving relationship dynamic between Luke, Richard and Matthew was so strong, I thought the extremes of the conflict with Luke's father over-reached. Didn't need it and the story would've been more meaningful to me without kitchen-sinking the Evil Daddy subplot.

I eagerly anticipate more from Sloan Parker. Stellar first book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More.

03/26/2010 page 367