Just - The romance reader's Reviews > Too Good to Be True

Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins

Aug 04, 13

bookshelves: at-library, e-book, kindle
Read in March, 2013

I love, love, loved this book! Grace Emerson is an extremely kind-hearted, witty, clumsy, american history loving young woman. She is ubber devoted to her family, and although it doesn't strike me that she has low self-esteem, Grace definitely lacks confidence enough to realize that her hunky handy-man next door, Callahan O'Shea is into her.

From the moment Callahan moves in next door Grace finds him irresistable, yet at the same time terrifying. That could be because she thinks he's trying to break in, instead of move in, and then soon after learns that he's an ex-con recently released from federal prison.

Too Good To Be True takes the readers on the journey through the beginnings of Grace and Callahan's relationship, which is terribly ensnarled with misunderstandings and sometimes bodily injuries. The book ends appropriately, yet left me wanting more, wishing there was a sequel so that I could get to know the wacky Emerson clan better.

**I've read this book twice now and it has become one of my absolute favorites of all time. I think I love Grace and Cal more now than after the first reading. (First read March 21-23 2010)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Good to Be True.