Joe S's Reviews > A Confederacy of Dunces

A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

Nov 26, 2007

did not like it
bookshelves: novels

What a colossal waste of my life. Nothing happens. Literally. That's what's wrong with this book. It's a freshman-level fiction workshop gone horribly awry. And it won what?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Confederacy of Dunces.

03/26/2016 marked as: read

Veronica Amen

message 2: by James (new)

James If you want to read a book where something happens, read Dan Brown. True literature, however, should't need cheap thrills to keep readers interested.

Veronica No one said anything about thrills. I was a lit major who graduated from a top university, so save the arrogance for someone who cares.

Boone Oooh fancy. Lit major, everyone take heed. Look out simpletons! Here comes Veronica!

message 5: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Beausoleil Its way over your head and not in the beer bong frat boy way you are used too. stick to i hope the serve beer in hell douche lit.

Derron Hall I guess Being There by Kosinski is crap, too?

Graham C. Ignatius would say your highlights are an egregious offense against taste and decency.

Kaeleigh Forsyth Graham wrote: "Ignatius would say your highlights are an egregious offense against taste and decency."

ahhahhha

message 9: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben Selfridge Nothing happens? Really? Did we read the same book? This was one of the most intricately and superbly plotted books I've ever read.

Graham C. Ignatius repeatedly assaults his love glove, refuses to sell hotdogs to the youth, constantly complains to his mother about his gastrointestinal discomfort, and voices his disgust with Merna's activism throughout. If I weren't a man who idolizes Larry David, I wouldn't say, "This book is prettayy, prettay, pretty, pretty good."

message 11: by Bo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bo Stone Go back to comic books. Batman Returns!