Blacknessatyourservice's Reviews > Tenth Grade Bleeds

Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer

U 50x66
Mar 24, 10

One of the books I read this month was “Tenth Grade Burns” by Heather Brewer. This book is about a vampire, Vladimir Tod, who is trying to balance his struggling social status at school and his relationship problems all while fending off vampire slayers around every corner and while fighting is need to drink human blood. This book is the 3rd in the series and as it goes on, you can really start to see changes in characters.
Because I am a teenager, I can relate to some of Vlad’s problems. Though I don’t deal with vampire slayers every day, I do have to find a way to balance a social life as well as maintain good grades in school. In this situation, the grades are sort of like the vampire slayers because they’re the things in this situation that you don’t want to deal with, but have to. Also, I can relate to Vlad and his social status. I’m not necessarily popular, but I do like to try and get along with everybody. But, like Vlad, I have a small group of close friends, in my case 4 but in Vlads case only one, his best friend, Henry.
After reading the first two books in the series, this third book seems kind of repetitive. Vlad basically gets sucked into a vampire scheme set up by his enemies and half the book is the single ensuing battle with them, which Vlad subsequently wins. However, this book did seem to have a bit more twists and turns because of how Vlad is dealing with other vampiric problems. These affect his life more so than in other books because they are much more profound and now, becoming a vampire is a bigger part of Vlad’s life than previously so.
I would rate this book a 7/10, but the series on a whole an 8.5/10. I would recommend this to people who like fantasy books, especially those based off of teenage problems, such as Harry Potter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tenth Grade Bleeds.