Jennifer's Reviews > Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Mar 23, 10

Read in March, 2010

I was very much looking forward to reading this book. I have a great appreciatation for Francis Chan - the purity and honesty of his teaching is refreshing. This book was good. Not great or groundbreaking but it is a good read. It will certainly be convicting for most people in various ways - but that's what Francis Chan is gifted with - the ability to make you look at yourself and your faith and reconcile that with what God really expects from us - rather than being content with modern-day, Christian-lite living.

Chan simply stops too soon and never really delves deep enough into the core theme of the book - Love. Loving as God loves. He scratches the surface and often simply moves around the topic but never really uncovers anything profound.

Finally - we are not all brought to a place of awe by the same images. While the galaxies, etc certainly offer a perspective of God's glory - one-size-fits-all (Louie Giglio-esque)inspiration annoys me. Chan ties the book to several videos online to drive the emotion behind the topic but I found it more frustrating (espcially while using an eReader) than helpful.

With all of that said - I'm glad I read the book and would recommend to others.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Love.